Boyfriend issues

Rachel

I am a very codependent partner. My boyfriend is very independent. So when something is bugging him or when he is stressed, he prefers space and he stops talking to me. Kind of pulls away. It causes me to become extremely anxious and I begin blaming myself and feeling like I’ve done something wrong when I know that the truth is I haven’t. The last time he did this was our first small argument and when I expressed how it made me feel when he pulled away, he apologized and told me that he never wanted me to feel like that again. Even now, I don’t know what the issue is so I’ve told him to have a good day at work and he said thanks. I’m giving him space for the day and hopefully he will call me after work so I can know what’s up... I would much rather talk through issues and communicate in person because I feel like that’s the only way to really get someone to listen. But I’m sick so I can’t leave my house and I think he might be upset because I’ve been so bored and bugging him ? Idk I always bug him that’s never been a problem. I don’t know what’s wrong with him.