Hubby acting out

Lately my husband has been acting mean and talking shit to me we have three kids and we went out yesterday as a family so I got dollled up which I don't usually do as I'm so busy with kids he was lying in bed on his phone and told me not to go drag queen look I go don't worry I'm going natural he goes you better I hate it when you put too much makeup like a drag queen and then he came by me and punched my arm for no apparent reason? Lately his been on his phone alot and I got a feeling his fucking about on snap n WhatsApp cuz this behaviour is very odd and I did catch him before having girls on snap n chatting dirty to a woman on WhatsApp. So we got ready left we went to his mum's and the kids started playing up so I told him let's go we got long day ahead so I walked out with my kids he then comes and starts punching me on my arms and legs in front of kids he goes you embarrassed me in front of family were going home so we came home and he choked me and beat me up is he messing about ? Why would he do this to me he also called me a heffer and told me I need to lose weight seeing as I just had a baby few months ago