Confuzzled

My boyfriend and I were chilling on the couch the other day in the open when my bf looked down and said that I had tiny hands. I lifted my hand to his and we compared pinky sizes, it was very obvious and there’s no way it could be mistaken for anything else. My back was facing where his mom, sister, and grandma were, and he suddenly looked behind me and very confused. I asked him what it was about a little bit later and apparently his mom had sternly mouthed “Stop that, I know what you’re doing.”

I’m quite confused cause I wasn’t aware that aligning your pinkies side by side was scandalous. At any rate, I feel like she’s been, not annoyed per se, but more suspicious. For instance just a few weeks ago she left us to baby sit while she went out (it was daylight) and when she came back (it had become nighttime) the lights were off and we were on the couch watching a movie (where we had been when she left.) She sounded very suspicious when she asked us why the light was off, but they were off simply because we hadn’t gotten up to turn them on.

So I’m just kind of confused regarding the issue in both of these matters. I’m not promiscuous and neither is my bf, so I’m not exactly sure what the deal is. If anyone could shed some light I’d be grateful.