The Set Up pt.13

It was winter break & most of the college students went home for the break. Jayce stayed behind on campus for an interning opportunity. Brooke was going home to spend the holidays with her family. Although Brooke wanted for her family to meet her new boyfriend, Jayce, she thought it’d be too early anyway & it worked out since Jayce was going to intern for the campus office. Jayce was in Brooke’s room helping her pack for break.

Brooke: I’m really bummed we won’t be together for the holidays!

Jayce: I know, babe. I’ll miss you, too.

The two kiss until Brooke’s roommate walks in.

Alice: Ok, next time hang a sock on the door.

Jayce: Chill, we were just kissing.

Alice: Whatever, I’ll pack later when you’re finished in here.

Alice grabs her phone charger & walks out.

Jayce: What’s with Alice in Wonderland?

Brooke: Hey, she’s not too bad once you get to know her.

Jayce: Sure...

Jayce grabs Brooke & starts groping her. Brooke giggles & pushes Jayce off after kissing him.

Brooke: Stop it, I’m serious! I need to finish packing before lunch.

Jayce: ok, ok...

After the packing, lunch & a quickie, Jayce drove Brooke to the airport to drop her off. Jayce parked curbside & helped Brooke with her luggage.

Jayce: I’ll miss you.

Brooke: I’ll miss you more.

Brooke pulls Jayce’s shirt to bring him closer to her. She kisses him sensually.

Jayce: Babe, you’re going to make me cum with that kiss alone.

Brooke: I’ll see you in a few short weeks.

Jayce: Bye...

Jayce comes back around to the driver seat. As he drives off he sees Luke running up to Brooke. There was just something about that guy that annoyed him. He knew Luke was trying to spite him since Brooke was now with Jayce & not with Luke. Could he trust Brooke? They’ll both most likely be together for the holidays. Just the thought made Jayce’s stomach turn.

Luke played the “friend” card when it came to getting close to Brooke during their travels. He knew it was only a matter of time when Brooke would come back to him. He had high hopes about this winter break. He was going to win her back for sure. He would have Brooke all to himself & they’d reminisce their high school days. Brooke was already missing Jayce & wished he was with her. She texted him once they reached her hometown.

After they landed & got their luggages, Brooke & Luke waited for their rides. Brooke & Luke were conversing & Brooke actually felt like they could be friends. Everything was fine until Luke tried to make a pass at Brooke. Brooke was startled & pushed him away.

Brooke: Luke! What are you doing? I have a boyfriend don’t be stupid.

Luke: I’m sorry... I thought.

Brooke: Please, if this is too hard for you then I don’t think we can be friends.

Luke gave Brooke a blank stare. He didn’t know what to say. He screwed up.

Brooke: Look, I’ll see you later.

Brooke’s mom arrived to welcome her home & to pick her up.

Brooke’s Mom: Welcome home, honey!

Brooke: Hey mom!

She gave Brooke a big mama bear hug.

Brooke’s mom: We’ve missed you so much... Glad we get you for 3 whole weeks. Everyone can’t wait to see you.

A week went by & Jayce’s internship was going well. Although he wasn’t getting paid, he was grateful for the experience he’s gained in the school office. His boss even said that he could use the credits earned towards next semester’s academic load. But he was definitely missing Brooke. They sexted & FaceTimed all day, but it just wasn’t the same. Jayce gathered his things, picked up a folder & turned off his office light. He walked by his boss’s office.

Jayce: Alright boss, I’m headed out. Did you need anything before I leave?

Boss: I understand the holidays are coming up. The office will be closed on Christmas <a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glow.android.eve">Eve</a>, Christmas & the day after. Why don’t you take that time off & spend it with family?

Jayce: Wow, I don’t know what to say. Thank you!

Boss: Yeah, yeah. Get outta here before I change my mind.

Jayce: Thanks, boss!

Boss: You’re a good one, kiddo. Keep it up! See you next week!

Jayce was ecstatic! Would he go home or... would he go surprise Brooke?