Brothers pt.9

Little did the Phillips family know that the next time Vance & Leila were in town that Vance had an announcement & surprise for the whole family. Now that we know what Leila & Vance do for a living, let’s look into what James does. James was always rated second to Vance in terms of business & responsibility. He could’ve taken over the southern branch for his dad’s business, but Mr. Phillips didn’t think James was quite ready. He was a 27 year old still living under his parents roof. He couldn’t even figure that part of his life out. He was your classic bad boy who partied too much & slept with every “Tanya, Deborah & Jane”. He wanted to prove to his dad that he could handle a business branch, but his tendencies to party a little too much for in the way. He loved his brother although they weren’t too close. They got along just fine, but he always felt a deep jealousy towards him. It didn’t help that his parents were constantly comparing them both. Now that Vance had brought Leila home, James’ jealousy increased. All the girls he’s slept with & all the partying didn’t matter anymore. After he met Leila & after their make out session after horseback riding, he couldn’t get his mind off of her. He tried going to strip clubs with his friends. The big breasted, naked women didn’t do it for him. He brought a few girls to a hotel room for a three some to try to get over Leila. He still couldn’t shake her from his mind. He ended up leaving in the middle of the action. He was lovesick over her. Absence made his heart grow even fonder.

Months flew by & James was doing better business-wise. He stopped partying & girl hopping & his father noticed a difference in his performance at work.

Mrs. Phillips was busy at home preparing for the arrival of Leila & Vance. The house was all decked out in pumpkins & smelled of cinnamon & spice. It was fall time & Thanksgiving was right around the corner.

Mrs. Phillips: Sweetheart, I know you’ve had a long day at work, but can you help me plan our Thanksgiving dinner menu. I don’t want to start stressing.

Mr. Phillips: Honey, that’s not my area of expertise. I trust you & your taste & judgment. You can handle that without me. Just relax, I’m sure menu ideas will come to you.

Mrs. Phillips shrugged & continued jotting down options for dinner.

Mr. Phillips: When is Vance getting in again? I want to take the boys out golfing this week. I need to put in a reservation at the country club.

Mrs. Phillips: I thought he was coming in on Wednesday, but I’m not too sure.

Just then the phone rang. It was Vance. He said he & Leila were to arrive that night. James overheard the conversation & smiled. He hadn’t seen Leila in months. He wondered if what they had was a fling or was it something real.