One Night Stand pt.6

Brian: You’re telling me that this chick agreed to have sex with you? And... she’s not opposed to a second night stand? What is this? Have we entered a parallel universe? Is the end near?

Dylan: Oh come on. So will you do it? Will you cover my shifts for me?

Brian: Yeah yeah...

Dylan: Thanks, man! I’ll see you later!

Brian takes a look at Summer & shakes his head.

Brian (to himself): Man, I just don’t get it.

Dylan walks over to Summer & takes her back to her work. She worked at a daycare about 10 miles away. He got out to open her door as soon as he parked. He watched as she walked in & as the kids in the playground all greeted her with hugs. She turned & waved bye to him. He waved back & left. He loved that she was a daycare teacher. It reminded him of his mom who had worked with children as well. Dylan’s mom passed away when Dylan was in Junior High. She got into a really bad car wreck driving home in the rain. The last thing she gave to Dylan was a key necklace that he wore every single day after she had passed away at the hospital. Dylan held the key & looked down at it before driving away.

Summer: Hey kids!

Kid 1: Why did you leave us earlier, Miss Summer?

Summer: I had to get my car fixed.

Kid 2: Who’s that man outside?

Taylor: Yeah, who is that man outside? Come on kids go play. We only have 5 more minutes of playtime before nap time.

Kids run back to the slide & play area.

Taylor: Come on Sum, do tell...

Summer smiles.

Taylor: Hmm, you’re smiling. That means something.

Summer: Taylor, it doesn’t mean anything.

Taylor: Uh huh... Wait, is he the guy from the other night? He is isn’t he?!

Summer: Shh, not in front of the kids.

Taylor: Ok, but you’re spilling everything during nap time.

Summer: Ok, ok. Calm down.

Taylor: After being married for 5 years, I’m dying to vicariously live through you & your sexcapades.

Summer shushed Taylor in fear that the kids might overhear their explicit conversation & adult language. Summer watched as Dylan drove off. She’s only known him for a day, but there was something different about him. He excited her without trying hard. He was kind & seemed down to earth. But she wasn’t about to get her heart broken again. She learned her lesson.

During nap time, Summer told Taylor all about Dylan & the night they had together. Taylor encouraged Summer to go for him & said he could help heal her heart from its recent break. Summer didn’t believe that her heart could heal from the pain. She said Dylan was a mere distraction from the pain. Taylor was a good friend to Summer. They worked together at the daycare for the past 3 years. Taylor saw how much Summer loved Greg & she also saw how much Greg hurt Summer.

Summer texted Dylan & said Taylor would drop her off at home. And so she asked to be picked up at her house around 9:00. Dylan was so excited he couldn’t wait to see Summer again. Summer didn’t want to admit it, but she too was excited to see Dylan. She felt safe with him & he made her smile & laugh. As much as he was dorky, she found him to be really sexy.

At around 8:00, Summer started getting ready for the evening. “This isn’t a date. This isn’t a date.” Summer kept repeating this to herself. She pushed back her hangers looking for an outfit to wear. It needed to be something she could easily slip off. She came across a black dress in her closet. It used to be her favorite. It was the dress she wore the night she caught Greg & her best friend, Marissa making out. It was a New Years party & Greg had gone missing. She stumbled upon one of the rooms in the house they were partying in & they were both in bed together. She threw the dress in a bin marked “Greg”. She continued looking through her clothes & found something to wear. She wore a mini jean skirt & a white top. She threw a jacket over the outfit & headed down to wait for Dylan.