Advice please!

Rebecca

So my pill has been dodgy for the last year or so and has only just started playing ball in the last two months, I was having one or two "periods" per months that could last anywhere from 4 to 14 days, with a blip in August of bleeding the entire month, I was under a gynaecologist so I was all good.

Skip to the advice I need, I've currently got one partner? We haven't got a label at the moment, that I've been sleeping with for the last 6/7 months, we don't use protection but he very rarely finishes inside and my doctor has told me that even though I'm having "periods" my pill is still basically protecting me.

My last bleed was mid October but im currently having all the usual symptoms you'd get before a period, cramping, gassy, the occasional headache, except my breast are tender and feel a hell of a lot bigger than usual which never happens, and even my partner commented on it, plus my reflux is going mental. Is there any point doing a test just to rule it out, or not because of my pill and what my doctor has said?

Just looking for other opinions, thanks!