New army girlfriend advice

Hey everyone! Sorry if this post seems a bit naive or frantic.

My boyfriend is about to leave for his first deployment (9months). Our relationship is in the early stages, and while it’s only been a couple of months but I am crazy about him, and the thought of being away from him for even a day seems impossible.

With his upcoming deployment we’ve been spending all our time together, just trying to be present and enjoy our last bit of time together before he goes.

He’s shared so much with me about the army and how the military system works but I’ll be honest and say I’m a bit overwhelmed with it all. There’s so much to know and I feel like I have an endless list of questions.

He always takes the time to explain things and reassure me which I love, but I also don’t want our last few weeks together to be stifled by me having all of these questions and an overall sense of “I wish I knew more”.

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or if there were tools or resources for people who are new to the whole military world or if there is any targeted advice to young/new military couples?

I ADORE my guy, I’m soooo proud of him, and I just want to be able to love him and support him to the best of my ability and knowledge. I know I have loads to learn in regard to communication and how the ins and outs of long distance work, but I was really inspired by reading and scrolling through other members’ posts and wanted to reach out.

Any wisdom or thoughts would be so appreciated.🙏🏻🇺🇸