Husband doesn't want me going to the gym

Anne
Hope i posted it in the right room? Ok. So for the past few weeks I've been on this health kick. No..not a kick. It's a lifestyle. I've changed myself. We've lost two babies this year. I'm out of shape. I need to change myself. So I've been doing squats and high knees and 125-150 crunches a day (recently adding in wallsits) and watching what I eat. But I really want to start going to our local gym where I'd have access to more to help me more. I'd be going earlier in the morning with my cousin and aunt (most days. Maybe 1 day out of the week I'd be going alone) but he will not let me go. Hubby gets all pissed that there are gonna be "gym dudes" there and this that and the other so I drop it for a few days. I'm familiar with this gym and going at this time. Before he and I were married I used to go early in the morning and there were (on busy days) maybe 25 people there. At most 7 were men and I can promise NONE of them were looking at my big butt sweating on a treadmill.. it's not that he's controlling so please no one comment "he's just a controlling asshole" No I think it's just because he's jealous. I just don't know how to deal with it because I've never had to..advice?