Love life drama 🙄

Chey
So I live in North Carolina, and once a year I go to Arizona to visit my dad and my best friend, and 3 or 4 years ago, my friend introduced me to one of her guy friends. (Who lives in Arizona) So I've known him for a while and the basis of our relationship is a friendship. Well this past year I spent a month in AZ and we really clicked and got super close. I like him a lot and he told me he felt the same. I also ended up losing my virginity to this guy. It's been a couple weeks since my return from Arizona and we've tried to keep in contact nonetheless through texting and skype. Recently though he's seemed uninterested in our conversations and doesn't talk to me that much on his own. He's honestly a sweet guy and I don't want to believe that he just used me for sex, though I don't really see our  relationship going anywhere now that I'm back in North Carolina. It really sucks because I like this guy a lot but I don't know if he can say the same about me. Any suggestions on what I should do? Should I keep trying or am I wasting my time?