School Dress Code

Briana

So tell me how I ALWAYS wear ripped jeans to school. I wore very torn up ones, distressed, extra, you fucking name it. Anyway, no one, no teachers students NOBODY says anything to me. I’m wearing a pair of jeans today that I’ve worn for the SECOND time today and my Algebra teacher suddenly just notices it and says I can’t be in her class just because I have ripped jeans on. She tries to send me to the dean but I go to the bathroom for lady things and I come back and she asks me where’s my pass, I say I don’t have one. She says “well you can’t stay in here.” I’m like okay cool I go back to trying to do my equations on the bored and she interrupts a kid trying to solve a problem to tell me again “You can’t stay in here” I start telling her that I ALWAYS wear ripped jeans and this is the second time I’ve worn them this week and she says “well Im just now noticing it” so I tell her you need to go or I call security. So I told her to call them. She calls them and I’m thinking alright I’m bouta get picked up from the class over my damn jeans. So I put my stuff in my bag and I just wait for them to come. Until then I put my headphones in my ears, no music playing and I just watch her on the board teaching us how to solve something and she stops AGAIN and says “so you just gonna ignore me” and I said I’m not ignoring you I’m watching you. Did you or did you not call security to come get me. And she goes on and on about how I can’t wear ripped to school. Then she says “this isn’t an appropriate place to talk about this” and I’m like exactly so why are you still talking to me about it. Continue to teach. I told her I come to school to learn. I’m trying to learn and you keep stopping the class because I got some damn ripped jeans on. She gonna talk about “I don’t understand” ok cool. Sooooo eventually she says I need to leave so I do. So my point is, I COME TO SCHOOL TO FUCKING LEARN. Not to impress anyone, not to flirt, not to play around, to learn and be apart of things that will get me a better future, but because of the damn stupid ass dress code that has beef with ripped jeans I can’t do that. I have to be sent out of class and told I can’t stay in class and learn and do my work JUST BECAUSE I GOT SOME GOD DAMN RIPPED JEANS ON. The educational environment of me and other students was interrupted by this teacher just because I had on some damn ripped jeans and she “suddenly just now” noticed that I’ve had them on. We have been in school for over 4 months. The amount of times I have worn ripped jeans to school, and I see this teacher EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DAY. 5 days a week for 4 FUCKING MONTHS and now suddenly today of all days she sees my ripped jeans and has a problem. Idk my work or homework or anything that we doing right now, I am missing out on my education all because of some damn ripped jeans.