Boy trouble

Joselyn

Okay so me and this guy had a thing and then a bunch of shit happened and then we argued and he told me to leave him alone and that he doesn’t care about me and what not and so I did and then today I woke up to a very long paragraph about a foghorn and lighthouse called the foghorn it’s a short story idk if any you know it so I’ll post what he said

“The plot follows Johnny, the protagonist and narrator, and his boss, McDunn, who are putting in a night's work at a remote lighthouse. The lighthouse's resonating fog horn attracts a sea monster who destroys the place. This is in fact the third time the monster has visited the lighthouse: he has been attracted by the same fog horn on the same night the two earlier years. McDunn attributes the monster's actions to feelings of unrequited love for the lighthouse, whose fog horn sounds exactly like the wailings of the sea monster himself. The fog horn tricks the monster into thinking he has found another of his kind, one who acts as though the monster did not even exist. McDunn and Johnny turn off the fog horn, and in a rage, the monster destroys the lighthouse before retreating to the sea. The lighthouse is reconstructed with reinforced concrete and Johnny finds a new job away from the lighthouse. Years later, Johnny returns and asks McDunn if the monster ever returned; it never did. McDunn hypothesizes that the monster will continue to wait in the depths of the ocean and only emerge to look for others like it when humankind is gone from the world.”

Now idk what this means or if he was just doing it to confuse me or because he was being his dumb self but like can anyone help me try and figure this out??

He isn’t answering me because he’s on a trip right now but I’m stuck and can’t figure out why he would send this.