My boyfriend all but gargled bleach after giving me head?!

So I’ve been with my boyfriend for about a month now and last night he gave me head for the first time, I showered before and made sure I was very clean. He was down there for a while and it was amazingggg but as soon as he was done he rushed to the bathroom to spit several times, rinsed his mouth with water and went to get chewing gum. I was so confused and hurt by this reaction because I know I was clean down there and I’ve never experienced this with any of my previous boyfriends who loved eating me out. We proceeded to have sex after this ( a whole 15 mins after giving me head) and he held spit in his mouth the entire time until we were done then rushed to the bathroom again. He may as well have vomited. He came back and kissed me and acted like everything was fine so I didn’t address it last night but I’m very hurt and embarrassed and I don’t know if I should bring this up with him. I know he likes giving head because he once said that he used to eat his ex out “for breakfast lunch and dinner” so I can’t help wondering if it’s me?? He said he’s eager to do this again and explore my vagina but after this I’m not sure if i want to let him.