Who else’s parents just think you’re lazy for staying in your room, laying in bed, & not getting a job when you’re clearly very depressed?

My parents think I’m a spoiled, “lazy entitled liberal” (I don’t tell them what my beliefs are, they just assume) that gets everything they want, doesn’t want a job, and wants to do nothing all day.

When in reality I’m very clearly depressed and have been for countless years. If you can’t notice it, it’s because you literally don’t care or pay attention.

I want to do things, I have no motivation to do anything. Every day that passes where I did nothing but the bare minimum makes me feel so beyond terrible. Which is almost every day.

If I’m honest, no I don’t want a job, I can barely do simple things, I can’t imagine having to work. I don’t want just any job, I have to like it otherwise it’ll just make my depression even worse?? I want to make money, I want to be productive, but I don’t want to be dreading and crying about something I hate every single day.

I’m moving out with my sister in a couple months. I think I have enough money until the end of the year. For the new year my sister and I are planning to start a daycare where I’ll be working full time.

Vote below to see results!