Is my partner being rude and ungrateful or has he got a point?

My partner says I’ve not to buy him anything for Christmas. But he’s bought me, so I’m not going to sit there and receive gifts on Christmas Day and give him nothing in return, id feel terrible. I’ve asked him multiple times what he needs and he keeps saying nothing. I used my own initiative and bought him a pack of boxers and a couple of tops because I know he’s running short on them. I was unsure what size to get him and asked randomly “Hey what size are you in tops?” Yeah I’m possibly giving away what I’m buying him but I didn’t want to get him the wrong size. His words were “I told you not to buy me anything!!!!” I then went on to say it’s Christmas and I want to give him something but he’s now flipped saying I need to start listening to him more and do what I’m told rather than doing the opposite, I’ve to take the hint when he says no and says I’ve to return whatever I’ve bought him because he doesn’t want it and if I give him gifts on Christmas Day he’ll fall out with me and go to his parents house.

Do I keep them and say its Christmas and here’s a gift or return them?

Vote below to see results!