Am I too wierd to have a boyfriend?

I’m almost 21 and I had one boyfriend in high school who told me I was ugly, unattractive and too weird to be seen with. I’m a super nerd, I’m really into comics and Star Wars and manga and i ride horses and like hunting and fishing. He always said those things were weird. I broke up with him in 11th grade for obvious reasons, but his words have always stuck with me. No guy has shown any interest in me since then, and now all my friends are starting to get pregnant and engaged and stuff. It’s really humiliating because I feel like I’m too weird to be attractive to a guy. My family is always asking why I don’t have a boyfriend and it makes me feel terrible. Is this normal? I’ve suffered with negative body image and low self esteem my entire life, so it took me a long time to get over what my ex said. I’m also a little scared to put myself out there anymore because I don’t want to get hurt again. I don’t want another guy to get close enough to see how weird I am, but I’m always lonely. It’s frustrating. Any advice or encouraging words?