Wishing he was more supportive

kelly

My partner and I have have been together for over 5 years, we live together and have a son who is almost 4 years old.

2 weeks ago I found out I'm pregnant, I actually only took a test after my partner asking me too as he felt it had been a while since my last period.

After seeing the positive result I rang him and told him the news....he was awful to me. He yelled at me to get an abortion. The next two days were awful, his language and behaviour towards me almost ruined any bit of happiness i felt. In his defense, he wanted our next child to be planned when we were more stable financially...but things happen. He was furious at me for being happy, and for telling people I knew before he had time to process it.

I know I should not of told people so fast. My first pregnancy was similar with him, he wasn't too thrilled until the 12 week scan. This time I just wanted the happy pregnancy where everyone was exited for my new baby...but he couldn't find it in himself to let me have that.

I know he will come around, he always needs longer to emotionally regulate before me. I just feel lost, hurt and embarrassed.