“Friends?!”

I’ve been “friends” with a group of girls since high school. We keep in touch and very rarely meet for lunch, dinner etc. Although recently, things have drifted off a lot and we don’t really speak, except a select couple.

It was my birthday a few months back and from a group of around 9, one person got in touch to wish me happy birthday. I mean, I know it’s petty to be annoyed but knowing the others, if the shoe was on the other foot and I didn’t get in touch, I’d be branded every name under the sun and bitched about. I’d be the worst friend ever!

I truly believe that I wouldn’t be friends with these people if I met them now. I’m older, have no tolerance for rubbish or drama and just want to live quietly with people who care and make an effort.

With me TTC, I also know that they won’t be happy for me if I get my BFP because it will mess up plans that they have. Says a lot really, doesn’t it?!

I find it really stressful saying no to things because I really don’t want to be in their company much which I know probably isn’t good for me when I’m TTC 🤦🏻‍♀️

I think it’s clear that they don’t really care about me, or my happiness and I should cut them out of my life, but how do I do that after all of this time?