Getting professional help

My mom found out about me self harming and wants me to get help asap , but shes afraid they would get social services involved? Or the police?

Even though I’m the one that cut myself etc by myself , she says they’d get SS involved with this type of stuff.

Is that true , or is she incorrect?

I live in the UK.